Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

tension/throbbing feeling inmy head, neck, throat

User Profile
I have been dealing with fatigue, mostly in my right leg for 10 months now. For 2 months now I have been dealing with this sort of tension/throbbing feeling from my right side throat which radiates to the back of my head and back of my neck. Also get some slight jaw and temple pressure. Right eye feels droopy as the right side of my face feels sorta numb like. Some days its not so bad but others its terrible. Sometimes it makes me feel nauseous. I have missed a lot of work due to this. I had an MRI of the brain about 2 weeks after this started, only thing they found was 2 polyps one in each sinus passage or whatever. Went to DR. she gave me blood tests for A LOT such as B12, Lyme, vitamin D, Thyroid, Glucose, Cell counts all that stuff. Everything fine accept glucose at 99 98mg. ER last week did CT scan of neck and gave me tetanus shot. Slight arthritis that is all. Muscle relaxers do nothing, claritin has done nothing. Any suggestions? I need to get back to work to support my family.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 18th, 2014
Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Answer A48390
Hi,
Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am glad to help you out.

Although the MRI brain has come out normal, yet from your symptoms, cervical spondolysis and Bell's palsy should be ruled out.

If it is cervical spondolysis, cervical collars and traction also help. But for confirming cervical spondolysis, you need to get a X-ray/ MRI of the spine done. Bell's palsy is a form of facial paralysis resulting from a dysfunction of the cranial nerve VII (the facial nerve). In Bell’s palsy, the MRI may be normal. You should consult a neurologist or an ophthalmologist to confirm Bell’s palsy by means of clinical examination as there are no specific tests for it.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.