Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

tender spot in my upper left abdomen for about 6 weeks

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
User Profile

Hi i have had a tender spot in my upper left abdomen for about 6 weeks, its not very pinful but im constaqntly aware of it and (ladies) it feels a bit like when your pregnant and you get a foot or arm sticking out that stays there for days? very weird felling. but seems it has been there for so long and not showing any signs of going i thought it should be investigated. any ideas thanks liza
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile

User Profile
replied November 25th, 2011
Abdominal Pain Answer A28871

Welcome to the forum and I am really glad to help you out. From your symptoms and history of starting omeprazole, it looks like gastrointestinal reflux disease(GERD). First of all avoid eating any junk food or oily, spicy food.

Take a healthy,balanced and nutritious diet consisting more of fruits, salads, soups and raw vegetables(after proper washing).Also increase the protein content in your diet instead of carbohydrates and fats. An advice from a dietician will be helpful. Take some OTC antacid like Mylanta. If the symptoms persist then please consult a physician and get gall bladder disease ruled out.

I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Abdominal Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.