Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Allergies Forum

"Telecast L"and Duonase nasal spray. no result

User Profile
I have been suffering from cough nearly one year beside it breathing problem,sneezing,itching of throat and eyes.Doctor has prescribed me "Telecast L"and Duonase nasal spray.I have been taking them nearly five months but getting no result on me.cough is going strong.Sir, what can I do?pls reply......

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 19th, 2014
Allergies Answer A46315
hi there,

i would like to know about your age,occupation,any other allergies,your location
any seasonal varition in symptoms,any triggering agents
any past hisstory of allergies and family history of allergies.

it require proper examination of oronasal and opthalmic examination
but it seems you are suffering from allergic rhinoconjuctivitis
however i would advise

continue your medication

avoid allergens

antibiotics for upper respiratory tract infection

Non-sedating antihistamines: loratadine (Claritin), cetirizine (Reactine), desloratadine (Aerius), fexofenadine (Allegra) should be added

sodium cromoglicate should be considered

Immunotherapy or allergy shots (see the section on Immunotherapy)

Olopatadine (Patanol)[12] and Ketotifen Fumarate (Alaway or Zaditor) eye drops for eyes.

consult your allergist
regards
thanks for using ehealth forum

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What causes allergies? We review risk factors and common allergens in this intro to allergies section....
What causes an allergy? Who is more likely to develop allergies? More here....
Which allergy symptoms are serious signs of allergic reaction and which are merely bothersome? Common types of allergy symptoms and allergic reactions here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Allergies , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.