Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Dental Health Forum

teeth extracted 6 days ago- pain has gotten worse

User Profile
I had 3 wisdom teeth extracted 6 days ago- 1 on the top and 2 on the bottom. After the surgery everything seemed to be going well, not much pain or swelling- this is likely due to the fact that my oral surgeon put me on ibuprofen 600 and amoxicillin the day before the surgery. 3 days after the surgery I started to get pain in my bottom front middle 2 teeth. Over the next few days it has gotten worse and only stops when I eat, even sleeping has been a challenge. I finally caved and called the oral surgeon today- when I visited he mentioned that it is probably nerve related but he doesn't really understand what it is. He didn't even look in my mouth to check for infection. Today it has been relentless- I have cried lots as its frustrating that my surgical areas are not sore but it feels like someone is kicking in my front teeth! What could ths be caused by and is there any way to find relief?
Thanks in advance....

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper STOON
|

User Profile
replied June 26th, 2012
Dental Health Answer A36461
Welcome to e health forum.

Since you have had 3 of your wisdom tooth removed, it is more likely that you may be having severe inflammation of the gums, which might be the cause of your pain.

If you are currently not on any form of medications, you should consult your doctor and request a prescription of good pain killers or anti inflammatory medications.

In the mean time you can try over the counter medications like Advil or motrin, to help control your symptoms.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Dental Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.