Medical Questions > Nutrition > Vegetarian Diet Forum

Teens and Vegetarianism?

User Profile
I am an average teen (13) and also a self-motivated vegetarian. I only eat fruits, veggies, veggie burgers, and nuts. I avoid dairy, meats (not including fish), and even juices/sodas. I have heard some say that vegetarian teens are unhealthy while others say it is great for us. I'm curious to know which way is actually is, good or bad?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 26th, 2011
Vegetarian diet is best for everyone irrespective of the age. Human body is designed for veg food.
Awareness of 'when and how to eat' is as important as what to eat. Fruit juice does wonders to your body. Don't add sugar, salt, ice, soda etc.
|

replied September 26th, 2011
Experienced User
hi,
a balanced vegitarian diet is heathy but you need to keep your diet balanced.

a truly vegitarian deit (which includes milk and eggs but excludes fish) can be very heathy but as with any deit can be unhethy if managed badly.

for specific advice on mantaing a balanced det i would sugest the Vegetarian Socety (uk one is the oldest and best managed) the website is full of advice and tips along with recipies.
|

replied October 23rd, 2011
All diets are not good thing, especially if you abuse them. Diet is good only when you are trying to lose weight.Better to eat everything in small portions. You are 13 right? Diary food and meat are essential for your good body development...good luck
|

replied March 9th, 2012
"Diet" does not mean she's cutting back on her food intake, marinita4u. One definition of "diet" means any food you eat in a normal day, while another definition is associated with cutting back on food intake, which is usually unhealthy. Vegitarianism, on the other hand, is not unhealthy.
|

replied August 14th, 2012
A vegetarian diet provides plenty nutrition to adults and children and can also reduce health problems.
|

replied September 18th, 2012
It can help to monitor what one eats and notice how it makes them feel.

Some of my staple meals growing up Veg were Pasta and Salad (sometimes with tofu or other protein source with the pasta) and salad with rice and dahl (nice Indian dish, high protein) or other beans instead of the dahl.
|

replied April 2nd, 2013
My (live-it) includes Pumpkin Protein powder.
60% protein and 18 amino acids.
A true super food.
|

replied May 16th, 2013
Good amount of knowledge pumped in . Thanks to the uploader. Basically the human body is designed for vegetarian food.By eating animal meat, we are getting that animal instinct into to our body. There are many varieties of tastes and flavers in veg- food , when compared to non-veg food. Be a VEGITARIAN , be healthy , happy and live longer
|

User Profile
replied August 17th, 2018
Experienced User
First, it's a more spiritual path. Your mind and mind becomes calmer and your body is more enduring. Just take sometimes vitamin B12 and spirulina.
|
Quick Reply