Medical Questions > Mental Health > Mental Conditions Forum

Teenage uncontrolable anger

I''m trying to figure out what is wrong with my 17 year old daughter. She has these bouts of uncontrolable anger that makes her feel like a totally different person to me. When she gets this way she treats me like she does not know me and she does not care. She will curse,, go crazy slam doors and even break things without considering the consequences and then she will bust out in tears saying that she does not know what is happening to her she feels like she is going crazy. That is when she kind of goes back to being my little girl, she says that she is considering suicide because she doesnt know how to control these anger fits.

please help!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 11th, 2010
Sounds like her brain chemistry is out of whack. Have you considered taking her to a doctor and explaining it just as you have here? She needs help. A chemical imbalance in the brain is hard on the family and even harder on the person affected by it.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....