Medical Questions > Parenting > Teens Forum

Teen height and acne

User Profile
my boy who's a teenager is 16 years old and 6.03'' tall and weight 156.5 pounds .i want to know when he will stop growing ?at what age? and what should he eat to boost his growth? and also he has lot of acne in his face and back . how can i help him to handle the situation ?and what should he do in the first place ?
Thank you so much for your efforts.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 27th, 2018
Teens Answer A63016
Welcome to e health forum.

At 16 years age, you do have a few more years when you can grow in height.

The natural ways in increasing height includes exercises, proper diet, good posture and enough sleep or relaxation for the body.

Although the height of a person is determined by the persons genetics, other environmental factors such as food and diet also have an influence on a person’s height. Eating a healthy diet rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, poultry and dairy products can supply all the essential nutrients like calcium, potassium, zinc, manganese, vitamin C, phosphorus and proteins which are necessary for stimulating growth and increase in height.

stretching exercises that can increase muscle length and enhance height even after puberty include -
- Swimming

- jumping exercises are jumping ropes, spot jumps, vertical jumps, squat jumps and sports like basketball - all of which stretch out the cartilage of the legs.

- Hanging from a bar vertically causes spine extension and elongates the cartilage present in the vertebral column, which helps in increasing height. Grab a monkey bar or pull-up bar, hang from it keeping your upper body relaxed and your arms straight. Hang on for 30 seconds and repeat the exercise 10 times. Bend your knees if the bar is too low.

- Standing Toe Touch: Stand straight with your feet placed hip width apart. Bend headfirst and touch the floor with your palms or fingers. Make sure that you do not fold your knees. Stay in this position for 5 seconds and return to the starting position. Repeat this stretch 15 times.

- Seated Toe Touch: Be seated on the floor with your back straight, legs stretched in front and toes joined. Bend headfirst from the waist and stretch your arms forward to touch the toes of your feet. Hold this posture for 5 seconds and return to the starting posture. Repeat this stretch 15 times.

These measures may help you gain adequate height as per your wish.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Teens , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.