Medical Questions > Mens Health > Penis Forum

tears on the right side of my penis just under the head.

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
User Profile
Hello, this is my first post on here and a very reluctant one at that.. But I have a problem, I think. I had unprotected sex with my ex 2 months ago and I am just recently noticing 2 tears on the right side of my penis just under the head. I noticed after I masturbated with soap which didn't feel great BTW.. So I first assumed it was because of that this happened. I didnt want to rule out a possible STD so i went to the hospital and when i showed the doctor he said "thats what youre here for? Thats nothing! Its completely normal nothing to worry about. But as its been about a week since then (plus had sex with a condom a few days ago without proper lubrication, opening the tears again) and being paranoid because I really care about my girlfriend now and am scared she may catch what I possibly have, I just want to know for sure. Any advice?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied December 11th, 2015
Penis Answer A55216
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. Tears under penis is likely due to soap, friction due to masturbation and poor hygiene. Avoid masturbation, modify coital and groin hygiene and get tested for STD regarding that unprotected coitus.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Penis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.