Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Orthopedics Forum

Tearing,Ripping pain below knee when I straighten my leg.

I recently had ORIF and deltoid repair of my right ankle.(2weeks ago) I use a knee scooter to get around. I don't work, so I'm mainly only having to go from room to room.
I went back for my 2 week checkup and spent probably 4 hours on my knee, on the scooter. It started hurting a bit and turning red by the time I got home.
The next morning I could not straighten my leg without feeling like something below my knee was ripping apart. Extreme sharp burning pain remains after the tearing sensation.
What could cause this? I've been using ice on my knee.
I am NWB for another 4 weeks. so I have to use my scooter but am afraid I'm damaging my knee now. Please help, any advice would be great.
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....