Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Taking Duphaston for irregular periods

Hey, want to know about taking duphaston for irregular periods. My doctor perscribed me 2 (1+1)tablets a day fromm my 10th day of period for 15 days. Taking my medicines daily but after 8 day i skipped one of my dose mean i skipped 15th tablet and thn continued my medicine bt on next day i saw some spotting(dark brown blackish ) now its being approx 30 hrs i am still spotting. I want to knw how long it take to stop. I am also having severe head ach since 3 days. No medicine worked for it.

P.S I am also using iud as birth control.
Thanks in advance
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 17th, 2019
Hello.
Welcome to this forum.
Duphaston is not an ideal medicine for irregular periods and if so used, dosage for it is twice a day. However, you need to be evaluated for the irregular cycle and a symptomatic treatment is not enough for the treatment. Now you can do one thing. Just start taking twice a day dosage for next one week. Stop it. Let the period come. Then you can take few cycles of common birth control pills for couple of months(I know the IUD is there). Meanwhile go to your doctor for an evaluation.
Hope I can address your query. Please visit your doctor if there is any further confusion as without a clinical examination it is not possible to opine through an online medical forum.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.