Medical Questions > Nutrition > Vitamins Forum

taking different vitamin supplements together

hi guys and girls im just wondering if anyone can help me out here. i eat pretty much total junk like chips pizzas burgers etc, i dont eat any vegatbles or fruit what so ever so im thinking this clearly isnt great so based on this i think vitamin supplements could be a good idea.

is it safe to take these together each day? vitamin a = 5000iu, 1 vitamin b complex tablet with 400 ug folic acid, vitamin e = 400iu, iron = 2.5 mg, 1 omega fish oil capsule with eicosapentaenoic acid (epa) 180 mg docosahexaenoic (dha) 120mg. thanks

ps im 25 if that makes any difference.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper BeccaBBS
|

User Profile
replied April 21st, 2013
Experienced User
The only thing I can say about that, is it's like baking a cake. If the measurement are not right, than the cake is not going to come out right.

It's all about the right combination.
|

replied April 25th, 2013
There's an app for that!
Believe it or not, there's an app for that. Mango Health's iPhone app has a personalized tracker that lets you enter all of your meds (doctor-prescribed, OTC and supplements), and will alert you to interactions between them. The app's database contains over 8,000 medications and supplements, but if you don't see one of yours in there yet, you can submit it for inclusion in the database.

There's an interesting post on the Mango Health blog about common drug interactions.
|