Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Yeast Infection Forum

taking Azo Yeast during pregnancy ?

User Profile
What are the potential complications (risks to the baby, side effects for me) of taking Azo Yeast during pregnancy (2nd or 3rd trimester) to keep persistent yeast infections at bay? The two ingredients of greatest concern to me are Boneset (Eupatorium perfoliatum) and mistletoe leaf (Viscum album). My healthcare provider is aware of the yeast infections. OTCs like Monistat7 are effective at treating them, but they return as soon as the treatment ends. Between the hormonal changes of pregnancy (including slightly elevated basal body temperature), leukhorrhea, and swollen tissues, my vaginal canal never dries out and is a yeast culture's dream growth environment; sigh. Thank you!

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 24th, 2011
Yeast Infection Answer A19997
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum.
Most complications or anomalies are associated with medication use during first few weeks of the pregnancy. During the 2nd and 3rd trimester, it is considered safe to take other medications. However there are drugs classified as safe and unsafe during pregnancy. Few drugs come under the list of medications whose benefits outweigh the risks involved and hence can be given during pregnancy. Visit your gynecologist for further discussion upon the ingredients of the pill you are taking. Yeast infections are usually common and recurrent during pregnancy. Good hygiene and dryness can help. Avoid douching, use of tight fitting undergarments. Drink plenty of water. Include fruits and juices in your daily diet.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Yeast infection and candida albicans basics - we review causes and risk factors. Start learning how to fight yeast infections by clicking here....
Yeast infections affect warm, moist parts of the body. Learn the signs and symptoms of yeast infections as they appear on the skin, oral and genital areas....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Yeast Infection , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.