Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

Taking a long time to ejaculate during foreplay and sex?

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
I am a 17 year old male. Me and my girlfriend recently had sex for the very first time. I noticed that I was not able to have an orgasm with her giving me a handjob, I also noticed that even when I tried to masturbate myself for her, I took an extreme amount of time to orgasm, and I had to apply very fest and hard stimulation to do so.

I also notice this problem during masturbation, where I can take very long periods of time to orgasm, and I do not ejaculate very much semen.

My question is, could my issue be caused by my excessive masturbation? I do tend to masturbate 3-4 times a day, and have done for many years, and I only recently noticed for the past few months that it takes me much longer to orgasm, either with myself, during sexual intercourse, or even when my girlfriend is stimulating me.

Could the masturbation habit be causing less sensitivity in my penis?
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 6th, 2016
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. Performance issues are common and happen some times, no worries. Just maintain good hygiene, avoid masturbation and reduce coital frequency to once a week.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Men , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.