What would cause bleeding gums, intermittent tachycardia, bruising and over all feeling of not feeling well? I've read posts after posts and so far my doctor has not found anything! I'm under the care of a hematologist who has not seen anything remotely like leukemia, anemia, or difficulty with white or red blood cells. The white blood cells were low at one reading and ok the next. I was hospitalized for tachycardia and nausea a month ago, but nothing like that since. The dentist said that my gums were bleeding excessively but with no sign of plaque or gum disease. All other panels show normal thyroid function, with normal levels. The cardiologist ran tests and all is well with my heart. Still waiting for results of tests for RA, fibromyalgia (sp) HIV and lupus. I have shortness of breath after exercising or during it and daily doses of sweating and intermittent night sweats but I thought it was all menopausal in nature before I had bruising and all these other weird symptoms. Included in this is anxiety attacks as well but they are also the menopausal symptoms I've had before, just more frequent.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 15th, 2008
Doctor
Decreased number of blood thrombocytes (platelts) could cause excessive bleeding.

What was your thrombocyte level?

Did you performe any blood coagulation tests?
|

replied September 15th, 2008
tachycardia/sweating/bleeding gums
Thank you for responding Dr. Nikola! My platelet count was in the normal range, the last four times it's been taken. The last reading was Hct 35.7 L, PLT (K/cmm) 243, and the only low count was with the Hct and Lipase was 372 which was high? Do not see the thrombocyte level on any of my blood tests results, what would that be under? Have one more round of blood tests that I don't have the results from yet. The blood coagulation tests have been ok. All pretty much in the normal range. I also have had 2 episodes of blacking out. They last less than a second and then I'm back and it has only happened once to a point where I fell into some furniture before coming to. The doctor has referred me to a neurologist. Received results of normal for the cardiac tests, echo, stress and nuclear too.
|

User Profile
replied September 22nd, 2008
Doctor
If platelt's number and coagulation tests are fine then you probably don't have any coagulation disorder that would cause excessive bleeding.

Sudden tachicardia attacks can be proved only with 24 hours holter monitoring.

Night sweating could be due to infection but has to be confirmed with laboratory tests.

Blacking out episodes could be due to low blood pressure (tachicardia).

You should wait for the rest of the laboratory tests.
|

User Profile
replied October 29th, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Your symptoms are consistent with vitamin and mineral deficiencies. I would suggest you to take multivitamins that are rich in vitamin C and vitamin K to settle the issue.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Heart Disease and Heart Attack , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.