Hey everyone.

So basically, I'm a man. I've always had a man's body, but after a few tours with the Military when I was 18, I've noticed some really strange things happening. My height seems to be dwindling, and my T-count seems to be going down. My voice is changing, and not for the better. According to what I heard with my lab, I apparently have a 438 T-Count. This isn't good.

Then I heard something that was COMPLETE bull but that left me extremely paranoid. Apparently, I was asked if I had HIV, because according to the idiot, this virus has been known to kill T-cells. I've been tested SO many times, and I'm completely clean, but even still..

Is there anything I can do to raise my T-Cells back up? Going from having a deep Russian accent to being called 'Ma'am' over the phone is horrible. I'm 26, not 6! (

Thanks in advance!
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied March 4th, 2015
Welcome to e health forum.

White blood cells are essential to healthy immune system functioning, as they help fight off infections and other abnormalities in the blood, bone marrow, and lymphatic system.

The normal WBC counts ranges from 3500 -10900 cells /cmm. Lymphocytes normally form 15 - 45% of the total WBC count (about 1000 - 3500 cells). Any form of inflammation or viral infections can cause elevated levels of lymphocytes (lymphocytosis - more than 4000 lymphocytes /cmm).

CD4 cells or T-cells are a type of white blood cells that play a major role in protecting your body from infection. A normal range for CD4 cells is about 600-1,500.

There are a lot of factors which can alter the CD4 count.

1. Day to day variation : CD4 counts tend to be lower in the morning and higher in the evening.

2. Acute illnesses such as pneumonia, influenza or herpes simplex virus infection - LOWER the CD4 count.

3. Cancers - can be associated with lower CD4 count

4. Fatigue and stress - can also cause low CD4 count.

The cause of your reduced T cell count needs to be assessed with proper physical examination and blood tests.

Hence it would be recommended that you consult your doctor or a hematologist at the earliest and seek proper help.

I hope this helps.
Did you find this post helpful?

replied March 10th, 2015
Experienced User
Once a man completes puberty and his voice box permanently enlarges to a man's sized voice box, it will not usually decrease in size and allow his voice to be higher ever again. Most of the masculine body changes completed in puberty, broad shoulders, more body hair, facial hair, low voice, etc. will not reverse even if a man loses both of his testicles or his testosterone levels go way down.

I would see a throat specialist Dr. to see if you might have a problem in your voice box that is causing a higher voice and also get your testosterone levels checked.

You are very young and should be able to retain most or all of your manly physical body features for the rest of your life once puberty is over. I can sure understand why you are bothered and worried. Dr.s who specialize in male hormones may be able to check and see what's going on.

But I'd start with a throat Dr. to check your voice box for any problems. Good luck.
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Millions of men experience prostate problems every year. But what defines prostate enlargement and how does the prostate grow as it enlarges?...
What puts a man at risk of having an enlarged prostate? And what causes the prostate to grow in the first place? Answer your questions here....
An enlarged prostate rarely occur before a man is 40. Learn the signs and symptoms BEFORE they occur. And know when to seek help for bothersome symptoms....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Mens Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.