User Profile
Why do i pass out while working out? Please help me!!!!!!!! I,m a 37 year old women,weighing 215 lbs. When I try to work out i get real light headed,vision becomes blured,real pale in the face,and then i will pass out. I have done this sence i was a child! Seems like it gets worse as I age. I want so bad to lose the weight but its hard when i know it`s going to make me sick!

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 19th, 2010
Fitness Answer A9301
Hi,

Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am glad to help you out. For syncope/fainting to occur, either the reticular activating system in the brain needs to lose its blood supply, or both hemispheres of the brain need to be deprived of blood, oxygen, or glucose. One of the important causes for such symptoms is cardiac issues. Patients presenting with exercise-associated syncope( or fainting) should have an echocardiogram to exclude hypertrophic or valvular causes of cardiac disease.

I would suggest that you consult a cardiologist and get an EKG, holter and echocardiography to confirm the diagnosis. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For an exact diagnosis, you are advised to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Fitness , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.