Medical Questions > Cancer > Lymphoma Forum

Symptons of Lymphoma?? Please Help

User Profile
Hi everyone! I have a question that i would like to ask. My sister in law woke up with a very big lump right by her collar bone, and it swollen. It's the area where I guess they call it the necklace of lymph nodes, those are all swollen too. I felt her neck,and you can def. feel them. They also said that her lymph nodes in her chest are swollen to. She's really scared right now, and i could use some help. She hasn't been sick, or show symptoms of anything else. No prior infections, no meds. She's 26 and i would say rather healthy. If anyone could help me give her some kind of advice that would be greatful. Oh, and they did blood work, and everything was fine. If she did have cancer or anything, wouldn't it show up in the blood work? It's only swollen on one side. No where else. It
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 5th, 2010
One cannot diagnose lymphoma with routine blood tests, in most cases.

Lymphoma is typically associated with the painless enlargement of one or more lymph nodes over time. If this is the case with your sister-in-law, then biopsy of one or more of these lymph nodes should be considered.

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

www.oncoguard.com

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|

User Profile
replied July 6th, 2010
Experienced User
They told her if it does not go down in a week, then they are going to biospy it. Thanks for replying
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Lymphoma , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.