User Profile
I have been having alot of upper back pain and pain in my left side. I can feel little sore bumps {10-15) like under muscle tissue in my left side next to rib cage, some alone armpits and (back) along shoulder blades.This is really bothering me, very painful. The pain will not go away. Any suggestions on what could be going on? I could use anything to go on. thank you, jeanilynn

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 15th, 2010
Skin Answer A9188
Hello,

Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out. From your symptoms it looks like shingles. Shingles occurs in people who have had chickenpox and represents a reactivation of the dormant varicella-zoster virus. The first sign is usually a tingling feeling, itchiness, or stabbing pain on the skin. After a few days, a rash appears as a band or patch of raised dots on the side of the trunk or face. The rash develops into small, fluid-filled blisters which begin to dry out and crust over within several days.

You need pain killers, antiviral drugs and steroids. My sincere advice is to consult your doctor. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For an exact diagnosis, you are advised to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.