Medical Questions > Mental Health > Schizophrenia Forum

Symptoms Of Schizophrenia Or Not? 19, Female

User Profile
These are symptoms I've been experiencing. I'd greatly appreciate your comments. Thank you.

- thoughts of suicide daily (became a normality for me)

- pre-adolescence masturbation (ever since I could remember, and I mean as a young girl that knew nothing about sex or sexual parts, I've always had to masturbate, especially at night, it'd help me fall asleep, and I'd do it in public if I thought no one noticed)

- hallucinations (as a child, I wrote and read a lot of books, I wrote a story revolving around a man named Luke and his family, and they would appear beside me or around me when I was in elementary school, later during high school I told myself that they weren't real... My friend is a witness to this)

- voices (typically they come to me while I sleep or when I'm pacing around my room, usually from religious figures or inspirational figures such as former teachers or loved ones, I play out scenarios in my head where I see and him them talking to me, I see myself in the scenario and it's like I'm living in that scenario)

- psychosis (often I pace around my room, thoughts such as how I could be a hero, how life has a greater purpose for me, something that sets me apart from the average person, often as I pace I'll also perform hand motions as if I'm in the scenario and sometimes will talk out loud without meaning to)

- I have primary nocturnal enuresis (bedwetting during the night)

- anxiety (mainly but not limited to social activities)

- I have a twin with cerebral palsy (we were premature, I was underdeveloped)

- disturbing thoughts (such as illegal or sinful thoughts, to explicit to name but they scare me)

- emotionally distraught (crying if someone yells at me or if I'm humiliated, sometimes cry for no reason)

- neglect appearance (I often think I haven't changed in years, I'm the same person I was years ago, my appearance is similar, I haven't grown up, I neglect to shower, brush my teeth or hair, etc)

- inability to function (most recently, I would pass out in the early hours of the morning, wake up at one, decide the dining hall's breakfast menu was over, so I didn't shower or get up because I would just wait until lunch rolled around, when lunch rolled I decided because I hadn't showered that it would take me too long to get ready, and by the time I got ready the lunch hour would be over so I would wait for dinner to roll around. Dinner came and I avoided going out, declined friends offers because I didn't look presentable enough to go out. This continued for days until I near fainted due to low blood pressure from not eating. This has happened multiple occasions)

- social withdrawal (purposely avoid people, could be due to anxiety)

- lack of motivation (getting out of bed became difficult, would resist eating because I was too lazy to prepare a meal, etc)

- inability to care for others (wouldn't return affection, saying "I love you" is difficult to say to loved ones, etc)

- insomnia (lately it's been very difficult for me to sleep, usually will pass out without awareness of falling asleep)

- inconsistency to follow through with activities (e.g. homework assignments)

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 19th, 2015
Schizophrenia Answer A51467
Welcome to e health forum.

With the complex history and issues presented here, it will be recommended that you consult a psychiatrist in person and seek behavior therapy to change your outlook towards life and help you reach your life goals.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Schizophrenia , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.