Medical Questions > Mental Health > Stop Smoking Forum

Symptoms of quitting smoking or pregnancy

Hi, I have what feels like an air bubble in my throat which burping does not alleviate. When I eat, I feel nauseous and overly full yet the fullness feels like gas rather then food. I have been having bouts of light headededness. My ovaries have been sore for 10 days now; switching sides. My question is: Are my symptoms due to quitting smoking 12 days ago or could I be pregnant. My period is not due until 7/24/14 so it is too early to test. I'm wondering if I should go to the doctor for my symptoms now or if I should wait until next week to test for pregnancy.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 16th, 2014
Hard to tell Eli. Are you trying to conceive? I remember having all sorts of weird feelings when I had gone through nicotine withdrawal.

I'd say just go and see your doctor and they will be able to do a blood pregnancy test to see if you are pregnant.

Quitting was the best thing I did for my family:) Stick with it!
|

replied July 17th, 2014
You throw out your cigarettes and vow not to smoke again.
You may feel lousy for a few weeks, but you won't be doing yourself or your baby any harm. There's no evidence that the stress of quitting has any effect on a fetus.
|

replied October 30th, 2014
Wha tabout the damage done beforehand ? For example 10 years smoking and then stopping when you realize you re preganant
|