Medical Questions > Cancer > Stomach Cancer Forum

Symptoms of late stage cancer ?

I think I might have the symptoms of stomach or colon cancer possibly late stage, I am 26 years old
I know that I should see a doctor and I do have an appointment , but I just want to know if this looks like symptoms of late stage stomach or colon cancer.
or any stage stomach colon cancer

pain in abdomen (ussally is in upper left but sometime moves)

pain in left side of back

really bad rumbling in my stomach
( it can get really loud at times)

diareah mixed with constipation

mucus in stool (not always but sometimes)

when I wiped there was bright red blood on the paper, The doctor gave me a FOBT test and two were positive and 1 was negative

the doctor also said there was a small amount of blood in my urine( thats
got me affraid that if it is cancer it has spread)

I have lost my appetite (just dont feel hungry anymore)

I have lost about 10 pounds ( the weight loss was before I lose my appetite, when I was still eating good.

I am always sick to my stomach

and theres a really bad pressure or fullness in my stomach that
seems to get worse when i eat or when i am standing up

I am so affraid that I have cancer , and I know that if I do it is in a late stage, because of all my symptoms, I really dont think this could be anything but cancer, is there anything that could cause these symptoms besides cancer, does these sound like colon cancer symptoms, and if anybody reading this has been diagnosed what were your symptoms, and
what is your age. I am very upset right now so if any one can please reply ASAP thanks
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied October 21st, 2009
While stomach and colon cancer are very, very rare in patients your age (especially if there is no family history of any inherited cancer syndromes), the symptoms that you describe are certainly reason enough to undergo colonoscopy (and, if this test is normal, then endoscopy of the esophagus and stomach should be considered as well).

You should ask your primary physician to refer you to a GI specialist who can perform these tests. If these tests are normal, then the next step should probably be a CT scan.

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Stomach Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.