User Profile
I would like to ask for your help. I had u***otected sex in June in 2009. 2-3 weeks later I had the folowing symtoms: night sweet, sore throat;muscle pain, diarrhea;Wollen lymph glands in the armpits, groin, or neck at 5 or 6 weeks: white tounge;unusual,headache at 6 or 7 weeks: burning my top of fimgers and foot. My doctor told me that I have anemia.MY liver enzymes blood (GPT) test was high. My WBC was low on September and October.I had very strong dry cough, dry tounge, dry mouth and irritation throat.my facial pain was at 16 weeks or 20 or 21 weeks.I have lots of mouth ulcer, aphtas, which doesn't appear.These ulcers last for 6 months. Sometimes I have pain of the top of finger, and foot,sore throat,neck pain, and stomach ache and fatigue.Sometimes, symtoms, sometimes mot.my EBV test ,syphilis and Hepatitis was negative.I took HIV test at 25 weeks(negative)
1. these symthoms can related to HIV infeinfectious?
2. ELISA test can pick up all strain gruops (N,P)
5.Am I HIV infected

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 27th, 2010
HIV and AIDS Answer A9533
Hi and welcome to the forum! I am glad that I can help you.

You would like to know what the symptoms of HIV infection are.

HIV infection has four stages: incubation period, acute infection, latency stage and AIDS. The initial incubation period upon infection is asymptomatic and usually lasts between two and four weeks. The second stage is acute infection, which lasts an average of 28 days and can include symptoms such as fever, swollen lymph nodes, sore throat, rash, muscle pain, malaise, mouth or esophageal sores, headache, nausea and vomiting, enlarged liver/spleen, weight loss, thrush, and neurological symptoms. The latency stage may show few or no symptoms and can last from two weeks to twenty years. AIDS, the fourth and final stage of HIV infection shows as symptoms of various opportunistic infections and cancers, such as oral Candida species, Mycobacterium tuberculosis, herpes simplex eruptions, shingles, Epstein-Barr virus-induced B-cell lymphomas, Kaposi's sarcoma or pneumonia caused by the fungus Pneumocystis jirovecii.

Given the data that you described you may or may not be infected with HIV. You may want to have diagnostic tests for HIV (such as enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA), Western blot or an immunofluorescence assay (IFA) once again to rule out HIV infection.

Please keep in mind that I provide medical information only. I am not able to diagnose medical conditions online. Please contact your doctor for further advice and information about diagnosis and treatment of HIV infection.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our HIV and AIDS , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.