Medical Questions > Cancer > Brain Cancer Forum

symptoms gone unanswered by doctors and hospitals.

User Profile
Concerned about possible cancer? PLEASE HELP ANYONE.?
I'm a 20 year old male and have been in complete misery and hell for 8 months with loads of symptoms gone unanswered by doctors and hospitals. First off I have very bad palinopsia (after image distortion) that has persisted for months with no signs of getting better, if not worse. My ears constantly are ringing, I have pretty bad headaches off and on throughout the day. I suffer sleep paralysis quite often. Anytime I get up to do anything my heart starts racing and beating so hard I can see it on my chest. I overall always feel disconnected from my body, my vision is very blurry at times and I have double vision constantly. Text on screens and road signs are a big one, they're always doubling. I see ALOT of floaters also. I have lost over 30 pounds since last year, and doctors and multiple ER visits have all came up unanswered. Had an MRI 5 CT scans, EKG, blood work, urine tests, x-Ray of heart etc. All came back "normal".

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 10th, 2016
Brain Cancer Answer A55888
Hello and welcome

Your concern is appreciated

The symptoms described by you can be due to many things which require clinical co relation. As you have mentioned that extensive work up has been done which comes out to be normal and some the symptoms may need psychiatric consultation.
Diplopia, panilopia and floaters may be due to retinal pathology which needs opthalmological examination. Visual acuity should be tested. In myopic people latus degenration can give floaters.
Posterior visual pathway critical lesions like tumors, infarction, anuerysm can give palinopsia as a symptom. It may be illusory palinopsia, a dysfunction of Visual perception due to persistent alteration in neuronal excitability.
Palpitations with weight loss with opthalmoplegia may signify hyperthyroidism (graves disease).
Another possibility is of temporal arteritis which can cause diplopia , throbbing headache, loss of appetite, unintentional weight loss. Vessels in other part canbe affected. Apart from this head injury , brain tumor, multiple sclerosis should also be excluded.
You can discuss these options with your doctor.
Thanks.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Brain basics here - what is a tumor and how do doctors understand brain cancer? ...
What puts you at risk of developing brain cancer? Review the most common risk factors for brain cancer so that you can be informed....
Brain cancer symptoms are wide ranging and various. Look out for these common symptoms of brain cancer and learn when you should seek medical help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Brain Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.