Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

Symptom of numbness in upper right quadrant

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
User Profile
Numb Sensation in Upper Right Quadrant: I have been to my GI doctors about this problem and they all do not have an answer for why I would have an uncomfortable numb sensation in my stomach area under my rib. I am only in my twenties but have been diagnosed with both gastroparesis and chronic pancreatitis in the last year, which are finally tolerable and now I have this problem. The doctor said it would not be either of these illnesses causing it. What could this be and what can I do to prevent it from getting worse. Could this be endometriosis as I seem to notice it getting stronger and stronger as my period approaches?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied August 26th, 2010
Abdominal Pain Answer A15661
Welcome to the forum. I am really glad to help you out. The numbness doesn’t seem likely due to the gastroparesis or pancreatitis or for that matter endometriosis. None of these illnesses are known to result in the involvement of the nerves causing the numbness.

I’ll suggest taking methylcobalamin tablet for 3-4 months as the deficiency of methylcobalamin is quite common and its deficiency can result in areas of numbness in the body. Apart from that, you don’t need any other tests to look for the cause of such numbness. You should consult a neurologist for the same as it is not possible to diagnose online. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Abdominal Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.