I have a swollen sinus around my right cheek bone. A few months ago I had a really bad ear infection, had went to the doc 3 times with it, I get ear infections occasionally but that last one was horrific & is on the side where I have the swollen sinus now. What am I dealing with? Part of it is from allergies. Will flonase help ease this up? I pressed on the area, it seems to be swollen but no or hardly any pain, just a little sore. Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 18th, 2014
Have you visited doctor for sinus or for ear infection?

What were the views of your doctor? Any suggestions? Any antibiotics?
|

replied October 18th, 2014
It was about 2 months ago when I had visited the doctore 3 different times with my right ear infection. It was really bad. The 3rd time I was told it was otitis externa and was the worse case she has seen. My right check seems to be a little swollen, and so I take it that it may be from allergies. I do have what feels like to be tooth pain or aches from time to time. Will flonase help the allergies and bring the swelling down? What a decongestant, that should help right? What are the possibilies I could be dealing with? Thanks
|

replied October 19th, 2014
Response please
|

replied October 22nd, 2014
I had swelling on the right side of my face too. The swelling is caused by phthalates. They are in the fragrance of products (shampoo, detergent, etc.). Shower off using only water see if the swelling goes down in a few hours. If so buy fragrance free/phthalate free products.
|

replied October 24th, 2014
You may have several issues that require medical intervention. However, one thing you may consider something that worked for me. It involves cutting back on sweets and other high carb foods/drinks. My symptoms included chronic UTI's, aligeries, & every cold bug going around Now my doctor only sees me for annual checkups & brags on my health. I had similar results with my golden retriver by changing from commercial dog food to meat & vegetables.
|
Must Read
Do you have a cold or a sinus infection? Learn the difference plus more info on different types of sinus infections (sinusitis) here....
What can cause a short-term or long-term case of sinus infection? We review both. Learn how to avoid the risk of developing an infection in this section....
What are the first signs that you have trouble with your sinuses? Learn to identify a sinus infection early ... plus know when you should seek medical help....