Medical Questions > Cancer > Lymphoma Forum

Swollen Lymph Nodes swollen 3-4 times bigger

Over the past 5-6 years any CT scan i have done the lymph nodes were always swollen in the groin area but tests always came back negative for anything and that they could be swollen and just dormant.

until the past 2 months the lymph nodes in my neck, chest, groin, etc are all swollen and about 3 - 4 times the size they were on previous CT scans. now ranging from 1.8 cm x 1.4 cm up to 3 cm x 2 cm. ALso enlarged spleen

they did a fine needle biopsy in my neck but came back negative

should i be worried at all? since i hear of false negative tests

i am getting night sweats, rashes, itching, fatigue also have a burning sensation in left hand and pinky/ring finger and parts of arm and shoulder
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 25th, 2014
No one got back on this but i figured i would post my ongoing results/treatments

2 weeks ago I had a lymph node dissection in my right groin. The surgery went well and now just recovering from it.

Yesterday I got the staples out and the results of the lymph node biopsy. They came back positive for cancer with non hodgkin's lymphoma when the intial test with the fine needle was negative by my family doctor and inconclusive by the surgeon that performed this surgery.

All I know right now is that it's a slow growing and non hodgkin's lymphoma. I was told very soon I would be undergoing a PET scan and to talk about treatment of it.

hope this info might help someone and I will post more results soon after i find out the subtype name, where it has progressed and what stage
|
Did you find this post helpful?