Medical Questions > Cancer > Lymphoma Forum

Swollen Lymph nodes and salivary glands!

Hello, I'm new to this and in need of help.
Ok so 4 months ago (November) I was diagnosed with a terrible ear infection that caused my lymph nodes to swell and my neck to get stiff.
After my ear infection came a bad sore throat which my Dr said was quite normal because everything is connected.
So anyways months have gone by and I still feel this weird stiff neck feeling, Im currently taking Claritin D because I do currently have allergies.
My GP did some bloodwork and said everything looked fine as far as blood count and also requested for a CT scan which I recently did.
Results were numerous swollen lymph nodes (2 of them) Which were only 7-8mm.
After that I went to a ENT and explained everything and he also saw my CT scan results and said he really doubts I have anything too serious because cancers tend to grow fast when mine haven't grown, they've gotten smaller.
He also said that what I thought were lymph nodes under my jaw are really salivary glands and that they are a bit swollen.
Should I be concerned about that?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Skushwah
|

replied March 19th, 2012
Dear Ricky here in india swollen lymph nodes above 1cm of any part of body treated as Extra pulmonary Tuberculosis, you can't ignore them. and both of your mentioned symptoms are in the category of EP TB. so my advise to you ask your doc to tuberculin skin test, other possible test for TB.
|

replied March 19th, 2012
Thanks for the advice , I really appreciate it .
But I really doubt I have that
I mean I'm no doctor but I have no cough, no sore throat.
No fever
No night sweats
Just a runny nose at times
|

replied March 19th, 2012
And he did mention a biopsy if they grow to 1cm
But he said at 7-8mm most physicians will not want to do a biopsy
|

replied March 19th, 2012
The TB skin test may be used to find out if you are infected with TB bacteria. You can get a skin test at the health department or at your doctor's office. A health care worker will inject a small amount of testing fluid (called tuberculin or PPD) just under the skin on the lower part of your arm. After 2 or 3 days, you must return to have your skin test read by the health care worker. You may have a swelling where the tuberculin was injected. The health care worker will measure this swelling and tell you if your reaction to the test is positive or negative. A positive reaction usually means that you have been infected by someone with active TB disease.

If you have recently been infected with TB bacteria, your TB skin test reaction may not be positive yet. You may need a second skin test 8 to 10 weeks after the last time you spent time with the person with active TB disease. This is because it can take several weeks after infection for your immune system to react to the TB skin test. If your reaction to the second test is negative, you probably do not have TB infection.
|

replied March 19th, 2012
Im Definitely going to check that out.
Hopefully I don't have anything.
These months have been really stressful.
The fact that I'm only 20 and a really active healthy individual things like this bring me down.
|