Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gland Disorders Forum

Swollen Lymph node - Neck ( Left side)!!

Hi

I am 28 year old male from India. 2 weeks before i found a lump in left side of neck when i woke up after having beer at night. I went to ENT and had antibiotic for a week. And then had CT scan and FNAC. Both confirmed that its not cancerous.

Still my neck is swollen. Doctor told that there is Pus (White cheesy) in the gland. He asked me to take antibiotic for 5 more days.

Is there any possible way to flush the pus outside naturally?? As he told that if the antibiotic dint work, then a surgery is needed to drain the pus. Can someone throw me some ideas to drain this out naturally.

Heard like drinking lot of water, exercise, sucking lemon, will help to drain. But someone please guide me. I dont want a surgery.

Note: Stopped smoking (Permanently), stopped alcohol consumption, Doing exercise, Drinking lot of water.

Thanks in advance.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 9th, 2012
Hai

Sorry for late update. Actually after my fnac report, my doctor gave tuberculosis medication. His diagnosis was based on experience. I insisted doctor to do Tru cut biopsy to confirm TB. Yes it is confirmed that i have TB. Am happy its not cancer!!. Am still having swollen lymph node in my neck. The size of the node is reduced a bit. Its been already 30 days since i am having TB medication. Will update you after any change in my Lymph node.

Hope my post helps someone. My advice to anyone who have swollen lymph node, dont be panic. Never keep it urself. If possible tell to your parents or spouse. Most of the swollen lymph node are not cancerous, thats what i learnt from my experience.
|

replied July 27th, 2012
lymph node swollen in neck
hi same with me..n thnk u a lot..live in dubai so conditions r nt that good...its just 4 days ...bt there is no pus...dr told me tb symptoms...bt i dnt hv fever niethr cough..how u diagnosed it tb..please reply
|

replied August 3rd, 2012
Hi

I got diagnosed only after Tru-cut biopsy. They will take a small tissue from the swollen gland to check. Its been almost 3 months since i took medication for TB. Almost my swollen glands got disappeared. only a little left. Hope it will vanish soon. Dont worry and dont get afraid. Even i did not get any symptoms of fever or cold or cough. As the TB is localized to lymph node, we will not have symptoms and its not contagious.

Get well soon!!
|
Must Read
What does it mean to have low levels of thyroid hormone in the body? We outline how doctors define hypothyroidism here....
What medical conditions cause hypothyroidism? And what puts you at risk of developing these conditions? More hypothyroid basics here....
When are symptoms of hypothyroidism serious? When should you seek medical help. Click here to learn when doctors recommend you come in for a visit....