Medical Questions > Cancer > Lymphoma Forum

Swollen lymph node in knee ?..

User Profile
Hello,
I've had discomfort in my knee for seven months. I recently had an MRI done and was told there is a swollen lymph node ("probably a lymph node") above my knee. An image of the node can be viewed here:

http://www.cobedev.com:81/pm/mriimage.jpg
(I call the node 'the egg')

I can get around fine but exercising is a problem. I'd really like to get back into biking/running bad but am not sure what to do. Here are some facts:

1. It's been a problem for 7 months.
2. MRI shows a node of some sort above knee
3. Dr. thinks this is not a problem and is not a cause of pain for me
4. I've had cartilage surgery in that knee before ( 9 years ago )
5. I'd very much like to address the issue but am being told to just stand pat
for 4 months then do another MRI to see what it look like then.

Any comments / suggestions are very much welcome!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 28th, 2009
Massage above and below the knee and you can get the Lymph nodes to start flowing again. Also massage helps the immune system and can trigger the white blood cells to affect the infected area thus helping in the cure itself.
Brigid Rohde
|

replied July 7th, 2010
Now don’t get me wrong - I think the advances that they're making in lymphoma treatment are outstanding, but this still does not address the issue of post surgery recovery (assuming you underwent surgery, that is). Having survived a malignant tumor in my left sentinel node, I found it a little frustrating that there was this relatively huge amount of support for lymphoma prevention and mastectomies, but relatively little for those who are trying to recover from the damage that the cancer and surgery has left. It's not that I don't appreciate all these donation commercials and what not, but those do nothing for the ones like me, who have already undergone treatment, and are now focusing on breast reconstruction and other more important things.
|

replied April 11th, 2012
Swollen lymph glands and stiff knees
Good afternoon. I have a question about my lymph nodes around my knees. First I do have COPD.
My left knees is often swollen , tender and stiff. I do yoga every day but getting to the floor or being on my knees is painful. I usually massage the area above and below the knees for some relief but never am able to bend the knee more than about 80 degrees on a good day.I do take iveprofin but the relief again is miniscule. Any suggestions please!
|

User Profile
replied March 24th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Swollen lymph node around knee joint is usually due to inflammation in joint. Just take NSAID and look for the response.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Lymphoma , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.