Medical Questions > Cancer > Lymphoma Forum

Swollen lymph node below the thyroid cartilage

I have a swollen lymph node just below the thyroid cartilage. It's been there for months. It doesn't change in shape or size (I think) and it doesn't hurt. I know it's a lymph node because I had an ultrasound for the six-moth thyroid check-up (I have Hashimoto's) and the doctor told me that's what it is. He was very hesitant when he told me I shouldn't worry about for now it and that got me thinking. Could it be something alarming?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 19th, 2014
Thank you for asking

If the thyroid scans have all been done then i am sure there is nothing to worry about but you should have a regular follow up to make sure its benignity. Look out for hashimotos, keep monitoring your thyroid functions.

Take care

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Lymphoma , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.