Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

Swollen Cord from Armpit to Inside Bicep

I am a 33 year old male, always been in relatively good shape. I work out as much as I can and eat right for the most part. 3 weeks ago I noticed a lump forming in my left armpit. I didn't think much of it at first because it developed like it could have been an ingrown hair or pimple. As time went on, it became larger and more pronounced. I tried to pop it several times but this just aggravated it and never got anything out of it. Into the second week, the lump started to heal, however I noticed a hardened cord like line running from the lump in my armpit down the incident of my bicep. This line has is visible in the right lighting and has tiny bumps running along it. I went to the Dr, and without putting much thought into the bump or the line, he diagnosed it as a bacterial infection and prescribed the antibiotic Bactrim. I have been on this for 3 days now....the lump, while it's smaller is still there and the line/cord thing is more pronounced. Does anybody have any history with anything like this? Does this sound like the beginning stages of something serious? I feel great! Just concerned because what I am experiencing doesn't seem common. Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 14th, 2015
Welcome to e health forum.

Based on the location and the description of the lump, it could most likely be a infection of the hair follicle which has progressed into a small abscess.

The red line you are referring to could be a inflammed blood vessel, and there is nothing to be concerned about it.

Treatment with the antibiotics and antiinflammatory medications will help the lump to heal and get better soon.

I hope this helps.
|

replied July 19th, 2015
Me too male 52 infection then lymphatic cording. Stretched and popped them mused after researching therapies. Better immediately.
|
Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cancers , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.