Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > Suggestions Forum

swimmers ear and pain from ear drops PLZ HELP

the doctor told me i have swimmers ear and he gave me a prescription of ear drops. he said 4 drops 4 times a day and it was the first day yesterday and every time i would put them in it would really hurt of make me sick to my stomach. i tried every home remedy and nothing works.... like heating pads peroxide etc... i'm also getting sharp pains in my ear as well and it hurt to touch any part of it. that being said its also making my jaw hurt and i cant eat or sleep. please someone get back to me that would be grate thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 30th, 2014
I've had this problem a few times myself, but perhaps not sick to my stomach. My doctor ended up having to put tiny sponges in my ears (which really hurt) and I had to put drops in 3 times a day. The sponges made sure the medication soaked into the skin which was too swollen to soak it up by itself. When i had another flareup I caught it early and used peroxide twice a day, and alcohol after a shower. Unfortunately there is no immediate solution. Whatever you do, it's going to take a few days to calm down. If the ear drops don't help, ask the doctor for the ear sponges. They're uncomfortable, but they work and they relieve the pain. Once the pain is gone, make a mixture of alcohol and white vinegar. This is to sanitize the ear after swimming or showering if you're prone to swimmers ear. Otherwise, just a cotton swab lightly dipped in alcohol should do the trick. Ibuprophen also helped the headaches I received from the pain.
|
Did you find this post helpful?