Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Bacterial Disorders Forum

swelling under upper lips popped inside taste was bitter

6 days ago sudden pain upper lip and nose feel like small circle swelling it was hard to breath due to pain. my nose was dry inside no fever or cough or sneezing. then the swelling gotten worse spreading all over upper lip around nose left cheek finally close to the eye cheeks also went itchy also felt very sick and upset stomach. went to ER first they thought it sinus infection and run some test and cleared it, and also cleared dental problem. they said it might be a bacterial infection however they not sure. so they gave me amoxycillin 500 mg 3x for 7 days and nidazole 500 mg 2x for 3 days and pain killers. after 5 days swelling under upper lips popped inside the mouth taste was bitter and smell horrible end up vomiting but afterward the swelling in face got better but I started to feel pain in neck , shoulder stomach pain is worse face still in pain for like 2 days now also today pain got in armpits as well plus extreme fatigue doesn't feel better even after sleeping. I wish to know if there is any clue to what I might be having or how to deal with it, I also take metformin 500 mg 2x day for my diabetes.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 13th, 2014
Dear!

it looks like skin infection by Staph Aureus. This bug sometime give hard time to patient by showing resistance to antibiotics. i want you to visit again to your doctor so he can prescribed you another antibiotic for the cure of the disease. also tell him to send Culture and Sensitivity test of your lesion for the investigation of bacteria in case the next step fails also.

hope it helped
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
You've probably had a case of food poisoning at least one in your life...but what types of food poisoning exist? Basics on food poisoning here....
Not everyone will get sick from contaminated food. Learn who is more at risk of food poisoning, and what factors increase bacterial growth here....
How do you know if you've got a case of salmonella food poisoning versus e. coli? Learn the basic symptoms of food poisoning and when to seek help here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Bacterial Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.