Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Orthopedics Forum

swelling and expansive bruising, now tingly numbness

User Profile
I fell on my wrist a few days ago. Went to the doc because there was swelling and expansive bruising. No xrays and he said to just wear a brace because he didnt think it was broken. Wrist has been tingly for days and my pinky and ring finger have as well. Totally mobile, just a dull achey pain but nothing alarming. I have these three weird bumps on the side of my wrist where I fell, when touched they do not hurt but they cause the tingly numbness to intensify. Just curious about it being a ganglion cyst? Or could it be a fracture without pain? Id think that not really possible but then again im no doctor. I also have been experiencing weird sore pain in my shoulder that wasnt there intially.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 27th, 2013
General Q and A Answer A45160
Welcome to ehealthforum,
At fracture cannot be ruled out completely unless proven by imaging (and to some extent by local examination). If there had been swelling, bruising, pain, and your mechanism of injury suggests chances of fracture, x-ray should be taken to visualize and rule out fracture. The bumps that you describe need to be examined to be able to say what these could be. If worried consider taking second opinion from an orthopedic surgeon and go ahead with requesting for x-ray to confirm/rule out fracture. Be on adequate pain relief. If fracture gets ruled out, you may also consider taking physiotherapy to fasten symptom relief and healing.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Orthopedics , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.