Medical Questions > Cancer > Liver Cancer Forum

survivors willing to call me? Pls help me

My husband has been diagnosed with stage 4 primary and metastatic HCC (no cirrhosis). The ct scan indicates several tumors of varying sizes throughout the liver. One tumor is just under the abdominal wall.

Our doctor at Northwestern Memorial/Robert Lurie Comp Cancer Ctr. in Chgo has given us two options 1) take the standard drug, Nexavar or 2) join a trial

I would like to hear from those of you diagnosed similarly and have been taking nexavar and/or in a trial. Please help me save my husband. He's only 45 and we have two young children.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 15th, 2012
Hi! I am a 35 year old mother of 2 who was diagnosed with HCC in June 2011. Sorry to hear about your husbands diagnosis. Chemo embolizations have been very effective with me. My diagnosis changed and while I have primary liver cancer, my actual diagnosis is not clear. At one point, they changed my diagnosis to germ cell cancer and I went through chemotherapy. Because my tumors have not spread, I now qualify for a liver resection at Memorial Sloan Kettering. Nexavar would have been my step if I didn't qualify for the surgery. If you havent already sought other opinions, i would recommend Sloan Kettering and MD Anderson. Good luck!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
The liver is the largest organ of the body. What happens when liver cells start to overgrow? What types of liver cancer can develop?...
Most of the time, liver cancer does not originate in the liver but has spread from other parts of the body. Learn what puts you at risk of this serious disease....
Symptoms of liver cancer may go unnoticed in the early stages of the disease. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of cancer here....