What are people doing to survive the terrible after effects of this terrible evil drug. Chantix is destroying many lives and perhaps permanently.

What this drug does to the pleasure center of the brain should be a crime when all the victims wanted was to quit smoking and lead a healthier happier life. What they got in return for this was a life where you can never feel happiness again, when it is difficult if not impossible to hold down a job, where their family must struggle with a loved one who seems lost in a brain fog and unmotivated.

Someone needs to come up with a way to reverse the permanent brain damage cause by this drug and the FDA and Phizer need to compensate the victims.

How long will the side effects of Chantix continue?
Will they get better or worse?

Will you please share your experience or the experience of your friends or family members who took Chantix.
Maybe we can learn more about this silent tragedy.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper GreenSunflowers
|

replied February 27th, 2012
Really? Tell us about your life from start to now. Quite the bold statement with very little info.
|

replied June 7th, 2012
effects of champix
i am now currently off champix for over three months and i feel you may be correct i havent had the best life but i havent had the worst either and i am just lost these days i have been trying to just work and be with friends but it just doesnt seem to help i also have been having odd pains which doctors over the last few weeks have told me is nothing i havent felt right since quitting and shouldnt still be nicotine withdrawl so i have been scared it makes sense that is what the drug was designed to do so is it just time that will make things better or should champix and chantix be taken off the market did any one think of that fact when they put it out or did any one actually care
i am now on effexor and it helps a little but i also just started it but my depression was around before but could handle it since then it just seemed to get worse i only needed the first pack and now that i think about it i prolly didnt even need that
|

replied June 7th, 2012
I took chantix for 2 weeks, had some vivid dreams (nighmares) nothing to bad but enough for me not to want them or want to be on chantix either. I have been cigerette free since March 1 and I feel very good about not smoking.
As for the effects of chantix.. ummm.... Not much other than extreme bloating which I had to do a toxic cleanse to get me right again. I'm convinced you are or have been suffering with depression before using chantix. I hope you get a handle on your depression soon and quit smoking as well. Otherwise smoke and be happy.
|

replied May 8th, 2013
Chantix ruining D2 receptors?
I took Chantix for two days @ 0.5mg. The 2nd day began with mild nausea and ended with a psychotic rollercoaster. Obviously, the Chantix are long gone in the garbage. This depressive side effect is directly correlated to the Chantix drug interacting with my dopamine receptors and in no way related to any nicotine withdrawl symptom as I smoked before, during, and after this episode. Through research, the dopamine D2 receptor is the "pleasure receptor" thus Chantix works directly on that area to decrease sensitivity. I have yet to determine how it decreases sensitivity or by what methods sensitivity can be increased again to pre-Chantix level/state. I can only pray the effects are short-term but the findings lead me to believe otherwise. Patient findings also suggest that SSRIs are ineffective and may be detrimental. Much research has been conducted as the D2 receptor has been the basis for studies concerning varied substance abuses. Unless dopamine receptors do not have a regeneration capability (like an arm or leg) and we are left with mangled brains, there is an answer to be found. My brain will either heal itself or I will find a way to safely do so. NOTE: I take (by prescription) Ritalin daily. Since my second and last day of Chantix the Ritalin (for control of adult ADD without hyperactivity) has been near ineffective. ADD medication does not interact with seratonin, it deals with dopamine. This further supports the findings that SSRIs do not alleviate lasting Chantix mental symptoms. I hope this information helps someone, somewhere, discover what is happening to us.
|

replied August 28th, 2013
I took Chantix from September of 2010 until November of 2010 to quit smoking. I was worried about possible withdrawal symptoms so I asked my doctor to wean me off of it. 3 days after my last dose my body went into complete chaos. I had the shakes, I had panic, I had no energy, no color to my face, I couldn't stomach food. It was horrible.... but the worse for me was yet to come. Ever since I stopped taking Chantix, my sex drive has dropped, my concentration levels have plummeted, my memory is not as sharp as it was, and I live my days as if I am stuck in a cloud. It is absolutely horrible and I would give anything in the world if I could go back and start smoking again, just so I could have a full functioning brain back.
|

replied August 28th, 2013
Oh and Pht03s, just because you personally did not have symptoms from using the Chantix does not mean that it has not seriously harmed other people! EVERYBODY'S body chemistry is different which is why certain SSRI's will work for some people, but not for other people! So do not generalize everyone's symptoms just because yours were mild!
|

replied April 4th, 2014
I have been off chantix forf 3 months . i have problems remembering cant sleep without meds. keep gaining weight even though my eating is no different, my muscles in my leggs hurt all the time. , I feel so much worse now than I ever have.. If starting back smoking would change things then i would.. i feel it has altered my mind permently
|

replied April 28th, 2014
The exact same thing happened to me....my entire pleasure system seems to be blocked. The minute the urge to smoke went away so did my feelings. I have had my second child since I took chantix in 2011 and have still not had a single feeling for her!! It is ruining my relationships and my life. To live a life without feelings about anything... family, food, music, even a sense of being...is not living at all!!! I have not found a single success story of the brain/reward center recovering after chantix! I can't live the rest if my life this way.
|

replied September 9th, 2016
Tried quitting every which way, nothing except chantix worked, but now i'm not the same. Took it for 2 months, verbally abused my fiance during that time, REALIZED it, weened off of it by taking 1 (1mg) a day for a week, and 3 months after stopping chantix I CANNOT BE HAPPY. I have NEVER been like this, I have never been depressed before. When does this end?! I just want to go back to normal!
|