Medical Questions > Cancer > Lymphoma Forum

surgeon said it was a big juicy node?

User Profile
I had a lymph node biopsy done yesterday - history of fever, night sweats, swollen lymph node, fatigue and other blood results such as high White cell count, elevated ESR, low red. The node is now with the pathologist - but the surgeon said it was a big juicy node. I forgot to ask him - what does that mean? They are testing of course for Lymphoma as well as to see if its something viral. Does this lean towards either being "juicy" or does he just mean its a good one to dissect to get results?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 1st, 2011
Lymphoma Answer A28109
Hello,
Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am glad to help you out.

From the lab reports and biopsy reports, it looks like the swollen lymph node is due to an infection. Soft and juicy nodes are most likely infection or inflammation, firm but rubbery nodes could be lymphoma and rock hard nodes are more likely from some other type of metastatic cancer not lymphoma.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Lymphoma , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.