I few months back I was chronically contipated and noticed a strong ouder coming from my back passage. I went to see the doctor and he gave me fibogel sachets to help keep me regular. These worked great except after a couple of weeks i started to get a very sore anus and slight bright red bleeding after a BM. I went to see the doctor again and he said it looks like internal piles and possibly a fistula. He gave me some Anusol suppositories to take every night for 2 weeks. He reffered me to a hospital where they gave me a physical examination but couldn't see any external piles or fissures. They asked me to go back for a colonoscopy on the 31st of december. I used to always get leaky feces after a BM or in the night. It was almost as if i never bothered to wipe after having a BM, but i can definately did. Since I have been taking the suppositories, the bleeding has stopped or is very rare and the sore anus is gone. I have also noticed that if I have a BM and dont use a I used to always get leaky feces after a BM or in the night. It was almost as if i never bothered to wipe after having a BM, but i can definately did. straight after, leaking will occur again, however, if I do take a suppository straight after my bowel movie, there is no leaking feces anymore. This makes me believe that it could be a pile that moves down when I have a bowel movie and is preventing my anus from closing completely. I believe the suppositoriy help to shrink the pile back and that is why the leaking stops. Does this sound like a viable theory? The leaking and odour has pretty much ruined any soical life I ever had and this is the only thing i can think of, which at the moment, i reassuring me that everything is going to be okay Smile Sorry for the very long post.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 9th, 2010
Community Volunteer
Hi milestone and welcome to ehealth: Seeing my husband had a very severe fistula many years ago I am aware of what you speak about...If you are happy with your results then so be it...However, if you are still concerned I would suggest you see a Proctologist...They are sometimes hard to get into for an appointment, but may have some other thoughts to help you...I thought your post was very well written...It defined all the problems that you have had...Best of luck and take care...

Caroline
|

I am seeing a colorectal surgeon on the 31st for a colonoscopy, they are looking to ensure that it was piles or a fistula that was causing the bleeding. If there are any piles, they said they will do banding. Do you think it is worth mentioning that the supositories are helping with the leaking problem?
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
Hi again milestone: I would keep them up to date on anything and everything that is happening...What we think of as non-important could make quite a difference in their final result....The colonoscopy is an important examination to have...I know, I had one two years ago....Take care and keep us posted....

Caroline
|