Medical Questions > Parenting > Teens Forum

suicide and parents yell at me! Help!

So tonight I was sitting doing my math homework when I ask my dad for help. My dad comes over and starts talking to me. We are having a normal convorsation before he slams my textbook closed and shuffles all my papers together then starts screaming at me! I run upstairs crying and stay there for about 15 minutes. I go to my mom to talk about it and she starts screaming at me. This has happened a lot in my life. My dad had a stroke after I was born so a part of his brain is damaged which keeps him from sensing his expressions and other people's reactions to him. I don't feel like I belong in this world. I feel like I have no friends and no particular reason to be living anymore. My sister beats me (not in the sister funny way), like abusive way, and my parents take her side. I feel like it is everyone against me. I am never invited to anything anymore and I have lost interest in the thing I love most and what keeps me going every day, dance. Please help! I can only be here for so long before I wont be here anymore.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 10th, 2015
Hi there. I'm so so sorry to hear about your situation. There is someone out here paying attention - you're not alone!

First things first... please please call a help line. I don't know where you are, but in Australia there are free, completely confidential, lines to call to get professional advice. They will be able to assist with options for you based on your location / local laws etc. This may mean involving social services, which might seem very scary, especially because that would likely result in your family knowing you "told" and it may make things worse for a short while. But here's the thing... if it's so bad that you are contemplating ending your life, then a litte more can be bearable if it means you could get proper help. If you let me know your age and state, I'd be happy to look it up for you.

Secondly - don't give up! ! It won't last forever. You can leave home young these days. You cant come back from ending your life. Stay in touch and KEEP ASKING FOR HELP! X
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Suicide, Stroke
Quick Reply