Medical Questions > Mental Health > Stop Smoking Forum

Suggestions to stop Smoking

how we can stop smoking since it is very hard for me to stop so plz can you give me any suggestions
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 17th, 2009
Hey Shanthosh. What worked for me was when I had a specific, personal reason why I should quit. Study up on the health hazards. For example, check out some of the videos on youtube in the Stop Smoking or Quit Smoking category. I wrote some articles and posted them on my blog site. You can check it out at nu-glo.com

Have your doctor prescribe a nicotine patch for you to help wean yourself off that powerfully addictive drug. Nicotine does not cause cancer, but it is more addicting than heroine.

Hope this helps. I commend you for quitting. Don't stop until you do! javascript:emoticon('Razz')

sirjohn
|

replied November 3rd, 2009
Do not stop it suddenly if you are addict.
Decrease it day by day. Be powerful Mentally.

Good luck.
|

replied November 24th, 2009
use patches
I really, really recommend the use of patches.

First, limit the use of your cigarettes to something you can stick with eg. no more than one per hour etc. And set a quit date ahead of time, perhaps a time when you are on holidays or do not have too much on, or can have some support. On your quit date, start using the patches and stop smoking altogether. Make use of a support person also.
|

replied December 9th, 2009
A good way to stop smoking less is to smoke natural cigarettes because the free basing chemical is not there. I think they are called American Spirits and they come in regular and menthol. They helped me begin my journey of success to quitting.
|

replied December 15th, 2009
oh please, sitting around trying to smoke less cigs a day is not going to get you anything except a prolonged period of withdrawal. You need to either do it cold turkey or do what I did- cheat. I used Chantix and quit smoking in two weeks. Have not had a cig in about 4 months now. Rarely even want one. At first I got a craving or two every day, but the cravings only lasted for like two minutes. Now, I might get a cig craving like once a week for about 30 seconds, and that is usually because I see someone on tv smoking or am around smokers. If you dont want to make yourself crazy then get a pill, a shot, whatever it is they can do these days. I dont recommend cold turkey, that will just make you feel crazy and you will probably still continue to smoke.
|

User Profile
replied January 8th, 2010
How to quit smoking
It is best to prepare yourself for quitting by removing all cigarettes, ashtrays and other signs of smoking from your environment at home, work and in your car. Seeing them is only a reminder and will hamper progress. Decide you want to quit and be determined. Do not smoke during this time even a little. The one cigarette you have may encourage you to have more, impeding your ability to quit altogether.

|

replied April 26th, 2010
If you are not able to quit then try to use E-cigarettes as i did .It does not emit any smoke.
|

replied April 30th, 2010
E-cigarettes does not contain harmful chemical toxins in it and it could be used in public places without any problem.Have you tried it yet.
|

replied May 30th, 2010
Nicotrol in my opinion is the best solution to the plm...i started nicotrol march 7, 2007 and have not had a cigarette or the least craving for 1 since...i smoke 31 years to the tune of 2 to 3 packs a day...i am now done with both nicotine and the finger holding habit...yay for me!!!
|

replied June 26th, 2010
Hey you start with learning how to take control over the cigarettes, instead of the cigarettes controlling you. It's true that smoking is addictive, and that quitting isn't easy. But with motivation and a plan, you can do it!Withdrawal symptoms can be uncomfortable, but they are not harmful. They may last for 2-4 weeks, but usually start getting easier after just a few days. But if you're concerned about withdrawal, you may want to consider using a quitting aid. The most common ones are nicotine patches, nicotine gum, and certain medications. They're all designed to reduce withdrawal symptoms.
|

replied July 1st, 2011
Hi Shanthosh,

Quit smoking is not impossible.if you will try to quit it then you can definitely quit smoking because there are various methods that you can use if you want to give up smoking like cold turkey, nicotine tapering, hypnotherapy and acupuncture etc.
|

replied July 2nd, 2011
I feel exactly where you're at, I've experienced the same feelings of helplessness plenty of times too. Sometimes I've just hung in there by a thread, not knowing what to do next.

I found a life changing article that showed me how to stop and stay stopped successfully.

If you want to stop the vicious cycle Please read this article - "Smoking Cessation: The Real Psychology Behind It" by Malcolm Baptiste!!! It's On-Line and it helped me a lot.

Now I have discovered a way out!!!!

This forum is a great place to share our successes and failures, encourage each other, and get answers!!!!

Don't give up on yourself. We can do this !!!
|

replied July 6th, 2011
Hey Shanthosh, what's going on ?

Haven't heard from you.

Still trying to stop ??

Just checking in on you. Keep off the slippery slope.

If you want to read something interesting and motivational, Goggle "Smoking Cessation: The Real Psychology Behind It" by Malcolm Baptiste. !!

The article gives you a "Heads Up" on what to watch out for and that may be all you need.

Don't give up. I've been there too!!

You can do this.
|

replied February 13th, 2014
Good thread, nice info.
|