Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > Suggestions Forum

Suggesting an new forum under Condtitions and Diseases Category

User Profile
Would it be possible to add a Connective Tissue Disease forum to the Conditions and Diseases category? I think it would be beneficial to persons like myself that suffer from conditions like Ehlers Danlos (which I have), Marfan Syndrome, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Collagen Vascular Disease, Scleroderma, and a plethora of many other diseases/syndromes/conditions that fall under this category. It would be beneficial to members with these types of conditions because they will finally have a place to post questions and possibly get answers. For example, I was just reading a post in the Cystic Fibrosis forum and there was a poster in there asking about Marfan Syndrome, which there is no definitive place to post about this disease in. The problem with connective tissue disorders/diseases/syndromes is that they can have symptoms that can fall under many categories in your Conditions and Diseases list, however, questions fail to be answered. For example, if the person who had a question about Marfan Syndrome posted in the Heart Conditions forum, even though Marfan Syndrome can affect the heart, specific answers could go on unanswered, especially because Marfan Syndrome can cause a weakening of the walls of the Aorta, but so can some types of heart disease.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 26th, 2009
Community Volunteer
Yikes, 4 months old and STILL no reply...admin are you there? Sad
|
Did you find this post helpful?