Medical Questions > Womens Health > Ovulation and Ovaries Forum

Suggest medication for irregular period and poly cystic ovary

I have been prescribed Orgamed 10 for irregular period. I am suffering from poly-cystic ovary also. I am also taking Divaa OD 500 mg (divalproex sodium) tablet twice daily for the last three years. Kindly suggest whether I should take Orgamed 10 or suggest any other medicine. Is there any alternate ayurvedic medicine available for treatment of irregular periods and poly-cystic ovary?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 19th, 2011
Community Volunteer
Normally the treatment for PCOS is birth control pills. That will make you regular, arrest the growth of the cysts and preserve whatever fertility you have left.

Work with your doctor to determine what to take and what to leave. She's/he's got your medical history and examined you, and should know best.

Take care!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....