Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Yeast Infection Forum

suffering with 2nd infection.What should I be doing or not?

User Profile
I am 25 weeks pregnant and suffering through my 2nd yeast infection. I have swelling and intense itching internally and esp. externally. It is affecting my sleep and really unbearable. The first time I used gynotravogen 7 day treatment internal. two weeks after this treatment the same symptoms are back. This time pharmacist gave me a one time use capsule and cream for external use. Hoever, relief was so brief. One night after the night of treatment and I'm suffering. How soon can I start another treatment? What other things should I be doing or not doing?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied October 15th, 2011
Yeast Infection Answer A27706
Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am glad to help you out.

According to American pregnancy association, during pregnancy physicians recommend vaginal creams and suppositories only for yeast infection. If left untreated, yeast infections can pass to your baby's mouth during delivery. Moreover, it may take 10-14 days to find relief or completely clear up the infection while you are pregnant.

I suggest you to get it evaluated from a gynecologist to confirm the diagnosis.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Yeast infection and candida albicans basics - we review causes and risk factors. Start learning how to fight yeast infections by clicking here....
Yeast infections affect warm, moist parts of the body. Learn the signs and symptoms of yeast infections as they appear on the skin, oral and genital areas....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Yeast Infection , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.