Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

suffering from bulimia. I hate this.

User Profile
I am suffering from bulimia. I hate this. The truth is I only eat one meal a day and that's dinner. Which I purge. Then I eat a bowl of cereal. I have lost a ton of weight. And am terrified of gaining it back. But the truth is I,m sick of doing this. I think for me personally it's a control thing. This is the thing that I can control. I am a mother of three. I need this to end. Please lend me any advice you can. Thx

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile
|

User Profile
replied April 18th, 2016
Eating Disorders Answer A56811
your concern is appreciated

bulimia nervosa is an eating disorder which includes binge eating and then purging. anorexia nervosa is lack of appetite for food so you have both elements to it you are taking less and the which taken is purge but the weight loss history suggest its more of anorexia nervosa. risk factor for bulimia includegenetic predisposition , psychological stress, poor self esteem history of trauma or abuse, major life changes etc.risk factors for anorexia includes family and social pressure. anorexia effects your whole body causing thin and brittle hair,sadness, irritable, bad memory,fainting, slow heart rate, low blood pressure, weak muscles, low potassium and magnesium and many things.both disorders can lead to many complications.the treatment includes consulting a psychiatric treatment modalities include cognitive behavior therapy, counselling, medical treatment for anorexia and also nutritional rehabilitation
hope it helps
thanks

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Eating Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.