Medical Questions > Womens Health > Ovulation and Ovaries Forum

suffered so much from large ovarian cysts

So I am new to this forum and I really need some advice on what I need to do.

I have suffered so much from large ovarian cysts for many many years. I am 29 years old. I have 2 children aged 5 and 3.5 with no plans to have anymore children. when I was 20 I started having some issues. cervical cancer, extreme pain during my menstrual cycles, extreme pain from the cysts I was having. I had surgeries to remove the affected cervical tissues and everything is all good now with that. however I am 3.5 year PP and I've been having issues. LOTS of issues. it started in 2013 nearly a year after my daughter was born. I started getting even worse pain in my abdomen on both sides. my doctor referred me to a Gynecologist in which I needed a new one since I moved over 3 hours away from my previous one. This new GYNO did a laparoscopy surgery to take biopsies to figure out what was causing so much pain. he noted I have multiple ovarian cysts measuring about 5.7. not sure what that exactly means.. but okay.. he noted that one fallopian tube is also severely damaged. and most likely has since birth. now present time Sept 2015 I have been put on Alysena low dose birth control to control excessive bleeding and cramps during my cycles. I have been on these pills for about 6 months. my periods are not normal. the pain I am having is so bad I've had to miss 3-4 days of work as im curled up in bed with my heating pad. the pain is my lower abdomen on both sides likely where my ovaries reside. the pain radiates down both hips and down the front of my thighs. around my back on both sides. the pain is excoriating at most times. I feel nauseous and dizzy when I get up out of my bed. I've been getting extreme headaches and a sore neck. I just feel like major crap! I am normally one to be very active and work out 4-5 times per week and I cant even do that because I am in way too much pain. my husband and I haven't had enjoyable sex in a while because everytime we try to it hurts me. especially if he presses on my abdomen. last weekend I noticed that my stomach was very bloated almost looked as if I was 5 months pregnant. like I said I love to work out and I am quite a fit person I wear a size 6-7 pants so for my stomach to look 5 months pregnant is shocking.. if my play with my children and they accidentally press on my lower stomach it hurts so bad I could scream. I meet with my family doctor tomorrow afternoon to discuss these issues. and re-evaluate these birth control pills. but I am worried he may think I am not serious. someone please give me some advice.. maybe something to prepare myself for this appointment.
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....