About 8 months ago I started having a very strange odor in only my armpits. I've never had body odor before so this is not normal for me. It is a smell that is indescribable, like a chemical earthy moldy smell, and I can smell the heat coming from them if that makes sense. I have tried everything: numerous deodorants, antifungal creams and supplements, probiotics, detox cleanse, I drink plenty of water and exercise 3-5 days a week. I am 130lbs and 5'5" so I am not overweight and consider myself a "healthy person." I have been to the doctor and of course they were of no help. I did get my blood drawn however, and tests were normal although I am not sure exactly what was tested. I am out of options and would appreciate any help please! Thank you!

Ps. This smell is there even after I shower. I can smell it in the shower. I am ruining all of my shirts at this point.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 30th, 2012
If you get an answer, I wanna know. I'm in the EXACT SAME BOAT.
|

replied April 3rd, 2014
Kalie, see my post below...same issue for me, but hoping I found a natural solution..only had the issue with my left underarm. rsfred2.
|

replied July 10th, 2012
sudden under arm odor
Me too...just came on on 4 days ago?
|

replied April 3rd, 2014
same problem about 3 months ago, left arm only, see my post of this AM, hope it helps. rsfred 2
|

replied June 4th, 2013
Same problem here ... actually only my Left Armpit .. and i never smelled before in my life .. even heavy activity .. !!! plz help this is getting very annoying
|

replied April 3rd, 2014
Hiken, same problem here, left arm only about 3 months ago, doctors no help. See my post below from today..plain white vinegar...hope it helps you, and hope it keeps helping me.rsfred2.
|

replied July 20th, 2013
Odor
I'm 64 and only the last couple days have a noticed a odor coming from only my right axilla. Very strange! Makes one wonder if anything serious could be going on!
|

replied August 19th, 2013
I had this problem about a year ago. I'd always been active, but suddenly after exercise my armpits would smell far worse than ever before. Sometimes not even after exercise and even after a shower the smell was faintly there. The strong chemical -laden deodorants covered up the smell for a few hours but it would always come back. Finally I started using a product called Lavilin that is an all natural product and really seemed to eliminate the odor rather than covering it up. I first just used their underarm deodorant but now use the body wash as well. Both seem to really help and haven't had the same strength of odor since. Even if I don't use deodorant before exercising the smell isn't nearly as strong as it was when it first set on a year ago.
|

User Profile
replied May 3rd, 2016
Did you by any chance have a diet high in meat Brian? I think it`s down to years of eating paleo thats causing mine?
|

replied December 3rd, 2013
one weird smelling armpit
I've got the same...just in my left armpit.. to be honest it smells of stale cum..its gross ..even after shower..thought it was a one off but its happening again ?? gonna try lavilin as suggested..
|

replied December 3rd, 2013
I've got the same…just in my left armpit.. to be honest it smells of stale cum..its gross ..even after shower..thought it was a one off but its happening again ?? gonna try lavilin as suggested..
|

replied April 3rd, 2014
I had the same issue, sudden, no previous issues, and same results from my doctors. Yesterday, at wits end thought well vinegar works for other odors, nothing to lose and know it is safe. So I put a little straight vinegar on a wash cloth after my shower, and washed under my arm and let it dry naturally, I have not had any of that nasty odor for two days. and I don't smell like vinegar either since when vinegar dries it does not leave an odor. Hope it works for you all too.
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied June 15th, 2015
Sounds like the PH is higher on one than the other. Rub some weak acids on the area that smells. I suggest lime, but lemon or vinegar will do. Apply once a day before going to sleep and leave it overnight. It will sting, but leave as is. Cleanse with water in the morning. Don't apply deodorants or any other products within the process.
|

User Profile
replied May 3rd, 2016
Hi there does a high protein diet cause PH problems as i feel paleo diet for years has caused this?
|

replied June 15th, 2015
Sounds like the PH is higher on one than the other. Rub some weak acids on the area that smells. I suggest lime, but lemon or vinegar will do. Apply once a day before going to sleep and leave it overnight. It will sting, but leave as is. Cleanse with water in the morning. Don't apply deodorants or any other products within the process.
|

User Profile
replied May 3rd, 2016
Strange Odour in Armpits
I had this come on after eating protein diet for 1 year! Still have it 4 years later, so I figure it`s the build up of toxins from all that awful meat that was left festering in my bowel?
Doing detox atm but no improvement yet, but it is early days have to do two or three more 4 day colonic detoxes but at $750 a pop it has to be done slowly over next year.
Has anyone else had it come on after paleo eating?
|

replied August 31st, 2016
Wow, I was looking for strange armpit odor online and I found this forum.... It's very strange how everyone says it is coming from the left arm only... Mine is only coming from my left arm... It is an odor I have never smelled and can't describe. Oh and I first noticed it getting out of the shower... The first thing I thought of is heart trouble or stress... Seams like this topic might make a great study for someone...
|

replied December 20th, 2018
sudden armpit odor
age 60: I never needed deodorant for any reason, then for about a year, even after taking a shower before bed I'd have armpit odor in the morning (like chicken soup). I am post-menopausal and after being place on meds for high blood pressure, the smell went away and I am deodorant free and scent free.
|
Must Read
You've probably had a case of food poisoning at least one in your life...but what types of food poisoning exist? Basics on food poisoning here....
Not everyone will get sick from contaminated food. Learn who is more at risk of food poisoning, and what factors increase bacterial growth here....
How do you know if you've got a case of salmonella food poisoning versus e. coli? Learn the basic symptoms of food poisoning and when to seek help here....