Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Vision and Eye Disorders Forum

Sudden Persistent Blind Spot in Right Eye

Must Read
What is pink eye and how long is pink eye contagious? Basic facts on types of conjunctivitis and pink eye here....
Pink eye can be allergic, infectious or chemical. Details about what causes pink eye here....
What to do for pink eye? Learn to identify symptoms of pink eye first, and know when to seek medical help. Start understanding more here....
I have a history of visual migraines (silent migraine with aura) and I've noticed once in a while that I'll get a small blind spot in my vision just before one of these episodes starts. I found out that I'm pregnant (I'm at 7 weeks now) so I asked my GYN about this and she said it's most likely not related to my pregnancy. I had two days in a row with aura episodes that were normal for me, then the next day I woke up with a small blind spot in my right eye. It's in the upper-right center of my vision (not directly in my line of sight, just slightly offset). Usually I can adjust my posture or take tylenol to get this spot to go away, but this time I've had the spot for 4 days. It's not completely dark; it's a bluish green against bright backgrounds while against dark backgrounds it's a bright whitish red. This spot has persisted in the same place for all 4 days, and as far as I can tell, it hasn't changed other than becoming a little blurry on the edges. Day 1 it was a fairly well-defined shape with sharp edges but today it's still the same shape, just doesn't have as defined edges. I was hoping to get some insight on what this might be while I'm waiting to hear back from my primary doctor and my eye doctor. Since it's so close to Thanksgiving, it's difficult to get into either doctor quickly.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 26th, 2017
I have had this happen twice. Both times in my right eye. It turned out to be retina hemorrhages
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Pregnancy
Quick Reply