G''day, today I had a sudden pain in my chest. It was as if someone kickede in the chest.
It progresses to my back between my shoulder blades and then up my neck and then into my jaw.
It was only there for about 30 min. Left almost as quick as it came. I was sitting down when it started. I had an ECG
and the doc said it was abnormal, something about the electrolytes being low. He didn''t explain that. Also
he heard something in my neck. I have to see the specialist. Should I worry?
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied April 24th, 2010
Fionamac-Hi Hon..I just saw your post..Have you been set up for a specialst? Don''t be scared but it sounds like you could have some blockage in your neck..I saw a cardioogist re clogged arteries just last week..My neck was a little sluggish but he feels with weight loss I am working on will help ..We have heart diease in my family so I watch this closely..Now adays there is somuch the medical profession can do..I believe God has blessed us with knowledge and doctors who understand what to do..Almost all procedures anymore are so run of the mill and hospitals stays shorter and shorter..I hope to hear how things go for you..If you would like to PM please do..k
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 8th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
There are two possibilities in this case.
1. Coronary artery disease.
2. Aortic dissection.
I would suggest you coronary angiography and CT chest.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Chest Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.