Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Neurological Disorders Forum

Sudden onset neuro symptoms, memory loss, possible hair loss

User Profile
Hi, just enquiring about advice for my mother 66, who has an active professional lifestyle.
2 months ago she had onset of mild confusion episodes, usually 1-2 hours around midday, returning in late evening with fluctuating symptoms throughout the day for next 3 weeks. She was treated for suspected TIA. All tests were clear, MRI-brain, CT brain, CT angiogram, carotid ultrasound, Chest Xray, Holtzman monitor, bloods and delirium screen. Also passed mini dementia test no problem 30/30. Stroke physician said not TIA's, GP said maybe virus, let symptoms resolve.

1 month later still has fluctuating symptoms, with now slight memory loss, and hair is thinning, sometimes appears pale and says she is exhausted walking.

Medications- Natrilix- mild diuretic for blood pressure.
Conditions- GERD(10 months) , mild pancreatic flare ups( 12 months), restless legs and insomnia( 5 months), ,lost several teeth due to cracking from large amalgam fillings breaking up( 10months)

We are seeing new doctor and wondered what to test for? Do heavy metal screens really work? Should she have EEG and lumbar puncture? Have we left things too late to help her?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 3rd, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
I would suggest you to have her thyroid function tests,EEG, heavy metal screens and let the doctor see your reports.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Neurological Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.