Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

sudden onset abdominal pain/difficulty breathing

Hi there, I just recent had a child, and suddenly for the past few days I have been experiencing sudden onset abdominal pain, like my stomach is in a vice grip, or that I just got punched in the stomach, accompanied with difficulty breathing and a lot of pain in between my shoulder blades. When this first happened, if I curled up in a ball, it would go away as fast as it came, however last night I got woken up by it in the middle of the night. No matter what I did the pain would not go away. I started sweating and burning up. I have a history of asthma so I automatically assumed it was that and headed for the shower to help. That didn't work either. Shortly after I was getting dizzy, and threw up. Right as I did that, the pain went away in both my stomach and my back. I don't know if its because I got rid of the problem, or the force of the vomiting helped out some how. I would really appreciate some answers, as its getting worse and worse everyday, and if I can I would like to avoid the hospital, as I just got discharged from there 3 weeks prior from the birth of my son.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 7th, 2014
Welcome to e health forum.

Exact medical diagnosis cannot be provided here, due to the lack of complete medical history and physical examination findings.

The cause of your chest pain would vary due to a lot of factors, including your age, lifestyle, habits, past and present medical history and a physical examination.

Some important and common conditions that can cause serious pain, causing a person to wake up from sleep would include -

1. Gastrointestinal CAUSES: Esophageal motility disorders (Diffuse esophageal spasm), Acute gastritis, Gastric esophageal reflux disease, Gall stones, etc

2. Cardiovascular - Ishchemic heart disease, Pericarditis, etc.

3. Respiratory: - Lung infections, Asthma, Bronchitis, etc.

4. Urogenital causes: - Renal stones, Urinary tract infections - usually cause abdominal or pelvic pain. But just added here for information sake.

Hence to diagnose the exact cause of your pain, it would be recommended that you consult your physician, who can provide appropriate treatment and advice.

I hope this helps.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Abdominal Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.